10 Easy Steps How To Buy A New Or Used Car.
There are some people that when it comes to car shopping they’d rather go to the dentist than visit a car dealership. They probably had a poor customer experience at their last transaction or have heard horror stories form family or friends. Let me tell you, after spending 20 years in the car business, that not all dealerships are the same, there are many dealerships that genuinely care about their customers and want to provide the best experience, so that they will continue to buy their vehicles from that dealership and let their friends and family know about the best experience ever.
That brings me to the topic at hand, how to buy a new or used car:
- Determine the type of vehicle style that will fit your needs – Whether it be a Sedan, Crossover, SUV, Van, Truck or Sports cars.
- Start with a search engine, like Google, and search the vehicle style you are looking for, Example: Best Small Crossover near me.
- Browse the search results that Google displayed and narrow down your selection. Let’s say that during this exercise you narrowed your selection to two crossovers that seem to fit, your needs and budget and let’s say that the two crossovers are a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and the Mazda CX3
- At this step, you should visit a research site like Edmunds.com and KBB.com and in our example search the Mazda CX3 and the Mitsubishi Outlander for quality and dependability. Read the reviews from actual customers, which will have real-world experience, I put more weight in those reviews over the so-called experts from certain organizations that will remain anonymous. Read the specs on the vehicles and determine if it will be a good fit for your needs.
- Now visit the manufacturer that site for each vehicle that you selected, example mazdausa.com and mitsucars.com, select the vehicle and do some research on the vehicles, this will give you the best specs and incentives.
- Before you head to a dealership, do a search term on google – Mazda dealerships near me, now when the dealership results display look for the reviews of that dealership and read what customers are saying, If you find a dealership with a lot of bad reviews then you want to go to the next one, but if you find a dealership and you find that many of the reviews are great, but they have a few not so good review, don’t discredit them. Look to see if the bad reviews were answered or an attempt by the dealership to fix the issue. You will always find some not so good reviews that is normal.
- Look for a dealership that has product specialist as a part of the sales process. Product specialist typically work on a salary or hourly, so their main objective is to give you the best information and deal on a vehicle.
- At this point I would ask your family and friends about the dealership that you have selected, a word of mouth is still important.
- Visit the dealership website and determine if they are a full transparency dealership. What I mean here is that, does the dealership show detailed Pricing, like MSRP (Retail Price), Discount, Rebates and incentives from the manufactures and dothey have payment options for buy or lease. Typically, dealerships that are willing to be fully transparent with customers are dealerships that are above board.
- Now, you will have enough information that you can call or send a lead to the dealership so that you can stop by to do a test drive and negotiate a good deal.
If you follow these 10 easy steps of car shopping, You well informed and you will have a great experience buying a vehicle.
I hope you found this information helpful, I have other blogs on test drives and finance that can get better prepared to buy a new or used vehicle